Identify prop hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify prop hub

I aquired this with some known wwi prop hubs.

The only markings that i can make out are" Ser No 100" and "No 368", and near the edge an "H" - on the rear face in the recessed hub section are some rectangular stamps but i can't make them out, but look similar to ones on my pup blade. eg AIDxxx.

The hub and blade are offset, ie shoulder of blade root is higher than the hub, and the other face is raised away from the blade - best seen in the picture.

The hub dimensions appear to be Hispano 180 ( although hub is 5.75" thick - i think it may have been shaved abit)

Any idea what it might be from??

The only French series number 100 I could find among several hundred propeller specifications was an Eclair propeller, but they don't list the aircraft usage for it.

It certainly is likely a HIsso hub, even though the thickness isn't exact. In addition to perhaps being shaved down a bit, the wood will shrink perpendicular to its grain by a fairly significant amount as it dries out over the years.
    Dave

Comment

That's interesting - my gut feeling from pictures i've seen was SPAD S7.
      Does the series 100 state the engine type it was designed for use with?

Comment

No, the series type on the list I have gives the propeller dimensions (diameter 2.35, pitch 1.75, bore 60), but it doesn't specify the engine. You would need to see a listing of propeller options for the specific aircraft (which I have), but the SPAD doesn't list that specific prop. It doesn't mean that it might not be one that was used, just that it doesn't prove that it was.

YOu can guess the engine usage based on the hub dimensions, although the center bore on yours looks to have been widened for the clock.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X