unused sensenich wood prop identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unused sensenich wood prop identification

hello there.... i have an old i beieve from the 40s, a sensenich military issued prop. its never been mounted on an aircraft and is virtually brand new w no damage. it has green cloth and brass leading edge and tips. dwg# is 44k18151 and serial #f6160. it also has a faint ink stamp on the cloth stating (sensenich approved and inspected). i have not been able to match these numbers. i do have paperwork from the us army somewhere. can anyone tell me something about this and if its worth anything. its virtually pristine.... thanks... john

That's because it's actually a Hartzell drawing number and was probably just overhauled by Sensenich or else manufactured by Sensenich using the Hartzell drawing. Look at the top of this page for the 44k number and the bottom for the aircraft used.
    Dave

Comment

re unused sensenich propeller

thanks for the reply dave.... i did find matching numbers in the hartzell drawings.. fits a fairchild uc-61k w a ranger6 440 c5 200hp powerplant. do these props have any value seeings this one is pristine? thanks..... john

Comment

Follow sales on eBay to see comparable props that have sold. (Ignore some of the outrageous opening bid prices, some of which have been posted with no bids for 5 or 6 months now.)

A final bid price of $500 to $800 is reasonable, but there are aberrations on both sides of that range.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X