Fahlin Military Contract Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin Military Contract Propeller

Hi all- I'm new to this forum and looking for info like many others I'm sure. I recently came in to possession of what I believe is a Fahlin Military Contract propellor(according to this site). The military design # is 43K23447, and serial # is 4419422. I'm probably not a good judge, having never seen another one, but it seems to be in good condition. The Fahlin, Columbia, MO decals are bright and intact. It has an additional # around the hub opening which is 19422. Also a very small square stamp with letters AN on top and letters and numbers below, I think. It is wood only, there is no metal piece in the hub. If anyone can share knowledge they have of this propeller, I would appreciate it.

You can find that drawing number on the Sensenich list that Lamar has published. It indicates that it was equivalent to a civilian drawing number 85LY57.

Go to this page to reference the aircraft it was used for, a Stinson L5.

The "43" in the drawing number signifies a 1943 military contract.
    Dave

Comment

Thank you for your response Dave. This has hung in grandparents garage since it was won in a raffle during the war years. It has not been touched other than to wipe off dust, patina is original. Are you able to tell me if this piece is desirable to collectors?

Comment

It's certainly "desirable" to some, and they generally sell on eBay for anywhere in the $400 to $800 range, with a wide variation depending on condition and variables that no one really understands anyway.

Since I don't collect that era props, my advice is to just keep it without doing anything to "restore" it. If you're looking to find a buyer, you won't really have any trouble doing that. Ebay is usually your best bet.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X