Identification Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Help Please

After doing some research on the propeller that I have, I believe it to be a 72" Fahlin D-562 made for the Continental A65 Engine. Unfortunately this propeller does not have the "label" stickers on it, but you can see color differentiation in the wood where they would have been. I am looking for any more information possible on this. What year is was made (I could not find a serial number list anywhere for Fahlin) and possibly what it could be worth. I have attached some photos for you to view as well.

[/IMG]

Two more photos in next thread.

Two more photos

Here are the other two photos I have.

Thank you for any help you can assist with!

Comment

Sensenich is the only company known to have published a table correlating serial numbers with year of manufacture, so there's really no way of knowing. While the majority of that type were manufactured in the 50s up into the 70s some are still being made today. Fahlin has changed hands and names several times, and I don't know when those changes occurred.

Your best bet for valuation is to look at completed sales on eBay. Note how many of those did not sell and also note some of the ridiculous opening bid prices. Yours is a very common design and use and in fair condition. Decals add a lot to value if they are originals. Judging from the eBay sales I'd guess that yours would sell in the $400 to $600 range, but that's just a guess.

Comment

Thank you I will take all of this into consideration before selling. I will also post a link under the selling forum once I get that far.

Comment

Working...
        X