Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About ASTRA and ADASTRA

Hi,

Those two companies seem present in France, at least between 1908 and 1921. Except for one, pics come from "Le Didot-Bottin", kind of French phonebook. It seems there is a one year shift between Bottin written year and the time of collecting infos.

ASTRA went to work in aviation (dirigibles (and special fabric for) at first) from SURCOUF.
    First ASTRA add is in Bottin 1909 (Advertised as SURCOUF successor, with same address) . The same add is present each year in the book until 1912 edition. They advertised to be Wright Brothers agents and makers (licensee ?) of the Wright Aeroplane.
    The one in the 1913 edition is largely bigger, then nothing until 1918 edition.
    In 1919, same add as in 1918, then, in 1920, an add for ADASTRA.
    ADASTRA address seems different from ASTRA, but looking at the 1912 add, it is one of the 2 addresses published there.
    Another add in 1921 edition, then nothing at least until 1925 (have not looked later).

ASTRA nor ADASTRA never advertised for propellers between 1908 and 1921. I do think they were not the prop makers for Wright aircraft. In 1910, they posted an advertisement in L'AĆ©rophile (the best known aviation revue) for an aircraft under Wright license with a Drzewiecki propeller (just one!). From 1910, Ratmanoff was a factory which made Drzewiecki propellers under license. I don't know if someone else ever made theese kind of props.

So ... I will be very happy to view an Astra or Adastra prop, decal or advertisement, with preference for all of them!!!

Regards,
    PM

Other pics on following post.
    Last edited by pmdec; 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

1919 to 1921 adds.

And 1910 add for "Astra-Wright".

Regards,
      PM
      Last edited by pmdec; 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X