Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Aero Wood Propeller

Hello,
    I have a Hamilton propeller is labeled DESH 815-RH No. 13816. It is in original condition and there are two labels one on each side in black and gold stating that it Hamilton Aero Mfg. Co. Milwaukee, WIS. It's 106 inches long with brass trim that runs along the edge and tips of the propeller. I found a little information about Hamilton Mfg. Co. but would like to date the propeller and
    find out what type air craft would have used it. Also I assume I should not refinish it but should I polish the brass? Any information would be welcomed.

I also have a Hamilton wooden prop in Florida (Punta Gorda)- It has a large (12"?) tapered hub- the tips are damaged- can't find any numbers- has two Hamilton, Milwaukee decals- how do I find out value? Tom Dinndorf, 218 634 9810 (MN )

Comment

It helps to start with photos. To my knowledge there are no good listings for Hamilton Mfg. propellers available, but all Hamilton propellers were built between 1920 and around 1930, when Hamilton merged with STandard Steel to become Hamlton Standard. I'm not sure of the exact date of the merger.
      Dave

Comment

Hamilton prop question

I have a Hamilton wooden propeller, 100", very cool prop and would like to learn more about it. Stamped on the prop is DES H-9L2 LH NO 18758

Can anyone date and tell me the type of plane it could have been on? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Windsled View Post
          I have a Hamilton wooden propeller, 100", very cool prop and would like to learn more about it. Stamped on the prop is DES H-9L2 LH NO 18758

Can anyone date and tell me the type of plane it could have been on? Thanks
          Left hand (LH) often means either a geared engine or a pusher application. Hamilton Propellers were only made for a short period of time (late 20's early 30's) before the merger with Standard Steel to form Hamilton Standard. Prior to that time Tom Hamilton worked for Matthews Brothers, so you will see his name on earlier props.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X