Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWF J-2 propellers...

Hi all...

I am a modeler, I build my own models in the form of "scratchbuilding", and before proceeding I would like to say that I'm from Argentina, my English is not good, so I'm apologizing for any grammatical errors, because they interpret and write from an on-line translator...

My query to the forum.
    I'm making a scale model of the LWF J-2 airplane, twin engined biplane of 1919, a design based on the successful DH-4 but modified the concept by a payload increased to 600lbs. to service for the incipient U.S.Airmail.
    These aircraft were equipped with the 200hp Hall-Scott L-6 Liberty engines.
    Twenty units flew for the U.S.Airmail between 1919 and 1921, and not all were equal each other, some structural details differed them, and other the propellers.

According to the few images I've seen the LWF J-2, were used at least two models of propellers.
    The one I want to make for my model is the design of the photos...

I looked at all the pictures I have of DH-4 and did not see any of them use this type of propeller. And in other 'Liberty' either ...

I was wondering if anyone knows which is the propeller ID, and incidentally, if anyone has any picture of the front and side of the propeller.
    All I have is a 3/4 view which does not allow me to be accurate at the time of manufacture it.

I leave here the link to the photo album of my LWF J-2 scale model.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/matihagen/LWFJ2OTwinDH

Since already very grateful.

Regards
    Matías
    Attached Files
Working...
X