Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted-GB Lewis Propeller

Looking for a GB Lewis Propeller

Not that I have one now, but are you looking for an airworthy or a display prop?

Comment

Just a display.

Comment

Well, it's a bit pricey IMHO, but this one on eBay is certainly in nice condition. I don't really buy these anymore, so I don't know if it's been listed for a long time, but most of the opening bids for props on eBay now are too high in my opinion, and most of them dwell there for a long time.

You might be able to negotiate with the seller.

(This one actually sold on eBay for $800, but had been refinished and has no decals, which really cuts down on its value as a collectible.) I would certainly consider the one available now to be worth twice what was paid for the refinished one.

Comment

So, we did try contacting the seller on EBAY that is very expensive and made him a reasonable offer and he laughed in our faces. Also, the other one you reference is one I actually bought because he stated that it was a GB Lewis. I didn't pay the full amount he was asking but turns out that it was not a GB Lewis, so I had to go through the trouble of sending it back. GB Lewis was my husband's great grandfather which is why we are looking for that particular propeller.

Comment

Also, there's also no way it should cost $300 to ship a prop that size within the U.S.

Another suggestion would be to send a private message to Scott Prior, a member here, and tell him what you are looking for. He seems to buy and sell quite a few props and might come across one before one turns up here or on eBay. If you want to do that click here, then click on the "Contact Info" link on that page.

Comment

HI Dave, Thanks for referring a fellow forum member to me. I do not have a GB Lewis propeller at this time, but I am always on the lookout. I have sold several propellers to extended family members of the original manufacturer. It is always nice to reconnect one with the family history. If I come across a Lewis propeller I will contact zalenskn directly.
              Thanks, Scott
              P.S. I have several WWI propellers in my inventory for sale if any forum members are interested.

Comment

Lewis Propeller

I have a wooden Lewis Propeller if anyone is interested. Its in excellent condition.

Comment

Could you send pictures of the GB Lewis propeller to zalenskn@comcast.net?

Comment

Scott,

I'd be grateful for photographs and data of your props but not to buy, rather to add to my various photographic records. I won't mind in the least if you decide not to!

With kind regards,

Bob
                    Bob Gardner
                    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
                    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

I agree with Dave that prices on eBay are absurd. I conversed a few days ago with someone selling a single WW1 prop blade with decal for which he wanted several hundred GB pounds. By contrast I bought something similar last week for a hundred and fifty pounds.

With kind regards,

Bob
                      Bob Gardner
                      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
                      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
                      X