Bamboo Bomber Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bamboo Bomber Propeller

Last night at a QB meeting I was given a propeller of a bamboo bomber. I will look up the aircraft as I am not famaliar with that make. The prop is made of wood and wooden laminates plus it looks like some kind of fabric at the tip. This fabric is loose but not torn. Also the prop is very weathered and has a dark pitina to the wood. Before I touch this item could someone give me some ideas about how I should approach this restoration. I do not want to polish it all up, cover it with poly and ruin a valuable piece of aviation history. Your help and advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Tex Thomasson

I'm so glad you asked before possibly ruining a potentially nice prop! I use the suggestions on Dave's web page at www.woodenpropeller.com/preservation.html and I certainly recommend them.

Lamar

Comment

The Bamboo Bomber was an all wood twin engine Cessna used for training in WWII. Hence the name. There is also a Bamboo Bomber Club: http://www.cessnat50.org/. Sky King flew one.....
      Dwight

Comment

Right Dwight. If you Google "bamboo bomber" you'll get a lot of hits with good information.

Lamar

Comment

hello Dwight, I was hopeing that you could direct any one interesterd in the purchase of two bamboo bombers/uc-78/ T-50 props with flightworthy hubs? The props are kinda weathered.Thanks for any help you can give me.....jeff olsen
          Last edited by jeffolsen; 06-28-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: more detail

Comment

Working...
          X