Propeller identification help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification help please!

I had posted the first part of the information on this propeller earlier, now I have acquired more information in the form of pictures and length of this propeller that may help someone identify this propeller.

I apologize if I am going about this posting in the wrong way, but it seemed that not many realized that I had this additional information that can be found below.

Again thanks for any help that I can get as well as any information that someone may have as to the age of this propeller as well.

I have come across a propeller manufactured by Hamilton Aero Manufacturing in Milwaukee, WI. It has the following stamped into the top of the hub. DESH-798RH and below that is No. 3894 and that is all that I can see as far as ID characters on the prop.

I have scoured the Internet to no avail looking for any information as to what the prop was used on and possibly when it was built. It looks like the people on this site are probably the last hope of finding any information pertaining to this prop.

Incidentally it looks very similar to the one currently posted on E-bay by seller “the cancunmonkey”see*
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_8548wt_1197*

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Ike
    ***********************************************New Info Below ***************

I have taken pictures of the above prop hoping that it will help someone that is far more knowledgeable than I am in the propeller department to identifying it. I would also like an opinion as to the approximate age of the prop if anyone has that info.

Please see:*http://www.jmbruce.com/ebay/prop.htm*in addition the prop measures from tip to tip 8'-5-5/8”

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Ike

The age is likely from around 1930, after Hamilton left Matthews Brothers and before it merged with Standard to form Hamilton Standard.

I don't know what it was used on.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X