I.D. Help NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.D. Help NEEDED

I have an older wooden propeller that someone took upon themselves to strip the old varnish off of the front side of the the prop so the company logo is now gone. It only has two distinct markings on it, one is a stamp that says: 64 and the other is a stamp that says: 10689 both of them are on opposite sides of the hub. What is unique about this prop is that it has a cone shaped or tappered hub. The following are some of the measurements that i made

1) Tip to tip 76"
    2) Hub center hole is 3.25" in Dia.
    3) The 8 bolt holes are 7/16 or .435 in Dia.
    4) From the outside diameter of one of the bolt hole at the 9 o'clock position to the outside diameter of a second bolt hole a the 3 o'clock position is 5.75"
    5) The hub is 4.125" thick
    6) The propeller consists of 5 laminated layers
    7) The tips are covered with what appears to be fabric of some sort with a laquer of some sort.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The only tappered hub propellers i could find were from a Curtis OX5 Engine.
    Attached Files

Well, it's not for an OX5 engine, primarily because of its size (and shape), but without drawing numbers you will not likely be able to identify it.

A number of modern propellers used tapered wooden hubs, usually in conjunction with a conical spinner.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X