German Propellers of WW1, Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Propellers of WW1, Part Two

A note to let fellow forumites know that Part Two of my series on German Propeller Makers of WW1 is available from my website, aeroclocks.com.

It covers makers from Geest to LZ, both of whom are almost completely unknown (!) but in between are well known makers such as Germania, Heine, Intégrale which was the German subsidiary of Chauvière's company, which severed its links with the French parent company on the outbreak of war in 1914, and in 1916 metamorphosed into the Imperial Propellerwerke; and lastly the Luckenwalde Propellerwerke, a total of sixteen makers.

The book comprises 180 pages with 240 illustrations, all in colour except for period photographs.

We produced this German series in softback format to reduce the sale price but several customers have asked for a hardback copy which we have now produced. It is not yet available on my website but can be ordered by emailing me (aeroclocksatbtinternetdotcom) written thus to hide from the spam bots! Or send me a PM.

With kind regards,

Bob

PS; Dave can you add a sticky tag to this please!
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Hi Bob,

When can we expect Part Three to be ready?

Kind regards,

Comment

German propellers of ww1, part three

Greetings FDM,

My wife is currently editing Part Three and I hope it will be ready to go to the printers in January and will be on sale in February 2017. Both my wife and I have been slowed down by various ailments, commonly called old age!

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner

Comment

German propellers of ww1, part three

Hello Bob,

I too am looking forward to "part three" of your German series. Will you be publishing a few in hardback? If so, I would love to reserve one as I have all of your propeller books in hardback.

Best regards,
        Tony Rogers

Comment

Tony,

Yes, we'll publish a handful with hardbacks and most in soft covers at a lower price. Today, 26 December, we think the editing will be complete by mid-January.

HNY !

Bob
          Bob Gardner

Comment

german propeller

Hello,

Please help me identify this German propeller from I world war.
            Plane was shot shot down in 1918 in France.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, it's hard enough to identify propellers from that era even when they are intact and have the design information stamped on them. I think the likelihood of positive identification based on the information and photo that you've provided will be virtually impossible.

I'm just guessing that it's only a single lamination or several laminations that were previously glued together.

Comment

Working...
              X