Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 06-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
norse_child

Default 1946 Sensenich 72c-42, "Made for Piper"

This came to me by way of my father from my grandfather. It is a 1946 Sensenich (sn#J0676) 72C-42. It also has the "Made for Piper" decals. The prop is in great shape, could maybe be yellow-tagged, but I'm not an A&P, so who knows. I'm also not going to say it's the original finish, but first time I saw this prop was in the early 80s hanging on my grandparents wall, it hasn't been messed with since then and I know he didn't touch it. My grandfather was a lineman at Fox Field (KWJF) in California, I know that's where he got it...where it was before that, I have no idea.

Not really interested in selling it, but I'd like to know it's value as a non-airworthy item...and also what it might be worth if it passed inspection.

I'd appreciate any, input. I see these around...from $300 to over $400 not airworthy, but none with the Piper decals. Not sure if that ads much value. I've seen airworthy ones at $900, sans Piper decals.

Thanks!
norse_child is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
72c-42, cub, piper, sensenich