Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Early" Wooden Propellers

Old 01-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #11
Bob Gardner

Good photographs Don.

For other forumites, the design of this prop is by Integrale, identifiable by the dead straight trailing edge, which goes in a straight line from one tip to the other. Most Fokker E III's appear to have Integrale props, made by the German subsidiary Integral Propeller Werke, who were nationalised when the war started and hence became completely separated from the parent company in France.

With regards,

Bob
Bob Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #12
abufletcher

I was curious about that. I didn't see any identifying stamps on the prop at the SD museum so that's why I assume it is a replica. I'm also assuming that Integral must have made a whole line of props with varying design specifics to suit different engines -- but perhaps kept a kind of "signature style" such as the straight trailing edge.

On the Integral propeller I modeled, the striations in the wood layers were more curved on the forward face. However on the museum prop the striations where more or less straight (as on the back side of my prop). This obviouisly shows that the surfaces were carved differently.

BTW, the museum staff told me that the difference between a replica and a reproduction is that officially to be a "reproduction" there has to be at least one builder with experience working on the original aircraft.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #13
Bart_48

Hi all, and especially Bob,

Thank you for all the usefull information on my prop!

My son made another picture of the details on the side: http://www.regel1.com/gfx/propellor3.jpg
But it probably isn't needed anymore for the identification.

Bob, it would be my pleasure to contribute to your book by supplying high resolution photographs. I'll contact you by e-mail.

Regards,

Bart
Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #14
Bob Gardner

Thanks Bart,

I look forward to it.

With regards,

Bob
Bob Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote