Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 09-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
Goldfinch

Default Heine or Schwarz propeller for Fw44 Stieglitz

I am restoring a 1936 Bremen-built Focke-Wulf Fw 44J Stieglitz Werk Nr 1904 to airworthy condition. It has taken four years so far and it should be flying next year, some forty years after its last flight.

The engine is a Siemens Sh14 but unfortunately, the propeller is missing - which I believe would have been made by either Heine or Schwarz.

I would be interested to know if copies of the original drawings are available. To try and make the new propeller as authentic as possible, any relevant photographs would be appreciated.

I would also be interested to hear if anyone has an original Heine or Schwarz propeller for the Fw44/Sh14, airworthy or not. If original drawings do not exist, my cunning plan would be to ask if I could measure the propeller with a CMM (coordinate measuring machine).

Thank you

Richard Menage
Goldfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #2
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

I hope someone has some helpful information, but I have to say I think it's a long shot. I presume that you've searched museum archives? That's recent enough that there may be stored information.
Dbahnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fw44, heine, schwarz, sh14