Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 05-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Joe_Black

Question Is there a metal prop identification site?

Hello all, great to find a site such as this dedicated to vintage wooden propellers! At the moment however I am trying to identify some metal propellers, probably from the 30's, by Hamilton Standard and Hartzell. Does anyone know of a similar resource to this site for metal propellers?

Thanks much,

Joe
Joe_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #2
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

I've never seen one, but if you come across one please post it here for others who may be looking. Thanks.
Dbahnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Joe_Black

Question

I'll be sure to do that! If anyone here could possibly help I'm trying to get info on a Hamilton Standard prop, ATC 318, DRWG D7C1 1/2 -9, 55 1/2" blades. A Hartzell prop DRWG 5704-6-1, contract number 97762, 52 1/4" blades. A Hamilton Standard prop DRWG 4893G-9, contract number 24341, 52 3/8" blades. Any info appreciated!
Joe_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #4
Dave

Have you tried contacting the manufacturers themselves? With metal props, the lifespan is such that they can remain serviceable for a longer time, so the manufacturers may be more compelled to keep the data accessible. Many of the wooden props simply became obsolete, and the manufacturers probably never envisioned that they would some day be "collectible".