Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Early" Wooden Propellers

Old 03-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
Glenski

Default Paragon prop info needed

The one I have is about 75 inches long with 6 bore holes. The markings on it are DES-5-G and 5056-1. I was told this was made in the Argus factory, but I don't know for certain. There are a few scratches on it, but otherwise in very good condition, and I want to know any details on it that you know, plus how much it's worth (and how I can verify that amount to any buyer).

Thanks in advance.
Glenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

You need to start with a photo, as no one is able to even begin to know value without knowing condition and authenticity.

We also need to know exact length in inches, and also the hub dimensions if you want to try to narrow down the engine.

It may be very hard to identify with any certainty. Records seem to be absent from that manufacturing era.
Dbahnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
Glenski

Ok, will get that information and post it here. Thanks for such a fast reply.

EDIT: By the way, I looked at that link you provided on hub dimensions. Good info to know, but it's only for props with 8 bore holes. Mine has 6. I'll still provide info, but I hope someone has a similar table to match up a prop with 6 bore holes. Many thanks again in advance.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:29 PM   #4
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

Usually the 6 bolt hole hubs are more modern propellers. There is less specificity that matches hub pattern to engine use, but sometimes at least there are certain engines than can be ruled out as possibilities.
Dbahnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 AM   #5
Glenski

The name on the propeller is Paragon. It is 75 inches long, the thickness (depth of the hub) is 4 inches. The hub's diameter is 2 1/4 inches and the bolt holes are 5/16 inches in diameter.

I'll look into what I have to do to post pics soon. My family has the prop now, too far from me to visit, and I'm dealing with not the best photographers.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:17 AM   #6
Glenski

Sorry the full length was not shown. Three lengthwise scratches on the left blade.

Showing the Paragon label and general condition that the whole prop has, other than those scratches and some around the hub.

Color enhanced close-up showing one set of numbers. Sorry they are upside down. They are not that way in my original pic.