Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help to identify my propeller:
    110 PS
    RHONE
    D260
    H222 or H220 ???
    HEINE
    N30438

Can it be a Fokker DR1 (le rhone engine, D260). Is it an early one or a late one? ( N30438 ).
    It 's in good condition (exept for a little water damage on one tip (2cm)).

Is it a common propeller of rather a rare one?

I am planning to sell the propeller(remodeling my home) so what kind of money can i expect? Anyone interested?

thanks for the time and info!
    SDesma.
    Attached Files

Update:

If i look at the indentations (picture 3) it looks like the "Oberursel Ur.II" setup.

But still "le rhone" stamped on the hub...

Comment

Well, it was really the same engine, just built under license as Oberursel. Stampings often reflect that type of situation.

I don't know what it was used on. I would be interested in purchasing it, but I will let others comment on value first. In the meantime, can you post a photo of the entire propeller as well as a close up of the damage at the tip? Thanks.
      Dave

Comment

It is from a Fokker Dr 1. I have recorded several examples, one with the close serial number of 30471. The pitch of the prop is 222cm. And I have added your info to my data, for which, many thanks.

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Thanks for the info!
          A quick search on wiki tells me that only about 300 Dr1's where build.
          Did they have to change the props often (serial number 30438...)?

Comment

The ratio of props made to aircraft made in WW1 varied considerably.

British aircraft were delivered with three props, one on the aircraft and two crated. Props had to exist throughout the supply pipeline; several at squadron level and more at second line and third line depots and yet more in store back in England.

Props were vulnerable; they had to be quite long to deliver the power. Conversely the undercarriage had to be as short as possible to reduce drag. In consequence the prop tip was close to the ground and many were damaged on landing; hence the necessity of the three point landing.

The ratio was at least five to one and probably more than ten to one.

The serial number on your prop is not specific to the type of prop. It's general. Heine started making props in 1910; by 1917 they had made 30,000; by 1919 40,000 and by 1930, 50,000.
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

some pics

Here are some more pictures. If anyone is interested in purchasing, PM me.
              Best regards,
              Stijn.
              Attached Files

Comment

Prop

What's your official asking price?
                Grtz

Comment

Geert,

I've send you a mail.
                  gr,
                  Stijn.