Repro decal maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repro decal maker

Can someone remind me, please, of the US company that makes reproduction decals for early wooden propellers.

With thanks,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Wingnut Wings do some full size ones I believe even though they are a model company.

Comment

Repro decal maker

I think this is Nostalgic Reflections.

Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
        I think this is Nostalgic Reflections.

Sparrow
        Yes, I've purchased decals from them and they are good quality reproductions. I think the owner is a member here.

Comment

Yes! Of course Nostalgic Reflections. I need a repro Anker decal. I have a fine photograph of one ready to send to them.

With thanks, everyone.

Bob Gardner
          Bob Gardner
          Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
          http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Decals

I am new to the forum by way of my dad giving me a pre-WWI propeller to refurbish and the decals are all but gone, not able to save. The propeller is an AVRO V86 for a Martinsyde Scout using a 80hp Gnome engine. I have re-shellac it and it came out very nice but I would like to find the correct decal that goes with the propeller. I have looked on Nostalgic Reflection's web page and they don't have the AVRO decal that looks to be for this propeller. I see from the prior post that Nostalgic might take a file to reproduce it but the only picture I have that looks to be correct is the one on this web page (AVRO 504). Not sure if that is it and don't want to spend $100+ on the wrong decal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
            Pics attached.

John
            Attached Files

Comment

I hyperlinked your post to the web page you cite, showing both decals. I am reasonably certain that those are the correct design and Nostalgic Reflections could use both of them to come up with an accurate reproduction for your purposes. There is some loss of precise accuracy because they are applied to a curved surface, but it is likely unnoticeable.

I don't know if I've seen variations on the A.V. Roe decals or not. Bob Gardner will likely have other examples in his book if other examples exist.

Comment

Dbahnson,

Thank you very much. I will contact them.
                BTW I photoshop'd the two images to get one good one, cleaned up the lines and played with the lighting to make it sharper. What you think?

John
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sprocket; 08-12-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Nice job. I think the decal maker would use that exact image to make another one. I'm not sure what's involved in the process, however.

If he offers an option between vinyl or acetate, ask for the acetate version to more closely resemble the original.

Comment

Working...
                  X