Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Info on Hartzell Wooden Propeller

Hello -

I am trying to find more information about a Hartzell propeller I have. The company has indicated that the records regarding actual manufacturing date have been destroyed due to a fire. The propeller's information is as follows:

Drawing No: Aircraft: Engine:
    548-54 Meyers OTW 120 Warner Scarab 125 hp
    Waco INF Kinner B 5 125 hp
    Waco RNF Warner Scarab 125 hp

It appears it was manufactured in Ohio. I am trying to determine the actual year of manufacturing and how many were manufactured. Any assistance or additional guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Rex Randolph

I think Sensenich is the only company that has recorded a list of serial numbers and manufacturing dates.
    Dave

Comment

Thank you for your help! I have determined it is a Standard Propeller, W90BA-45, original in good condition. I am an antique collector and curious if this propeller is worth any value to aviation collectors. Any thoughts?

Comment

It depends on its condition - decals, alterations, damage history, repairs, etc.

Comment

Condition

There are a couple of dents but it still has the decals, serial numbers, etc. It appears to be above average condition. Please let me know what you think. If you'd like to see pictures, I can get those as well. I appreciate your assistance on this!

Comment

Yes, please post some pictures. A description alone is often very misleading.

(I also moved this thread to the "modern wooden propellers" category, as it was manufactured well after WW1.)

Comment

Here are some photographs. Please let me know what you think.
              Attached Files

Comment

It looks to be in original condition, which is good. I doubt that it's particularly "rare", but I think if you put it on eBay it might sell in the $800 to $1200 range, but that's purely a guess.

Comment

Working...
                X