Standard J1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard J1

I inherited a propeller which belonged to my grandfather. He's been long gone and my cousin had it. From researching this website it is a for a Standard J1, which my grandfather owned at least one. It was in really bad shape, coming apart and had some kind of nest in the bolt holes. So I did what some will think is unthinkable, I glued it back together and varnished it. I figure it's mine, I'm not going to sell it, and didn't want it to fall apart. Anyway, there are some markings on it and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are. On one side of the hub it has the numbers 01422 and a 9 placed under that number. On the other side it has SC14870. There also a design of what looks like a 4 bladed propeller on the front of the hub with little circles in each of the ends of the design. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to post some pictures of it sometime. My grandfather was Col. E. H. "Buck" Leighton. He lived up north in Minnesota and Wisconsin and also here in Texas.
    Thanks,
    Chris

"S.C." is a Signal Corps number, and the cloverleaf is a stamping used by them. The number doesn't tell you much, except that it's pretty high and probably means it was a later model, but I don't know when.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X