Identification challenge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification challenge!!

My pal has this hanging in his living room. It was a present from a family member and would love to know as much as possible about it. Appreciate all the effort that goes into helping us out. Thanks.

*The company name is hertzell, which is quite common nowadays i suppose?

*Design 707\80(90)
    SR NO 25874
    RPM 2000
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lakelife04; 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM. Reason: add pic + info

This is actually a WW-II era prop by Hartzell. Using the design number you will find the application here: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/hartzell.htm.

Lamar

Comment

Rare or common?

Comment

update

I have learned a couple things after doing some research, the prop was "approved for a beech 17L or a cessna T50" on a jacobs motor. But still have no indication of value or date.

Comment

Originally posted by lakelife04 View Post
          Rare or common?
          Common.

A huge number of those props are still around. They were produced in large numbers right before metal variable pitch props became available for those engines, and suddenly the whole inventory of wooden props were obsolete. Many were produced by S&S Company in Winnipeg, but a number of U.S. manufacturers made them as well.
          Dave

Comment

Bump

Bump. Hertzall help!

Comment

What more do you hope to learn? If you're looking for sale price I'd suggest looking on eBay completed items for props like yours in similar condition that have actually sold, paying no attention to the sometimes outrageous asking prices.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
              X