Fahlin Kari-Keen 96" propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

It really is special. Lots of History. Never think of restoration.

Comment

It looks like it won't clear the ground . . .

Dave

Comment

Dave, What does that mean? Is the prop to big for that plane? if so what plane was it for. Being marked Keri-Keen it would figure to be for the only plane that they made. What do you think?

Comment

It may just be the way the photo is taken, and I'm sure it does clear the ground but perhaps not with the same amount of clearance as other aircraft.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks, I'm going to contact the museum in Sioux City which has that air craft., maybe they would measure the prop for me. That would be helpful.

Comment

Reply from Museum

Dave, Just heard from the Museum in Sioux City. The prop for the Sioux Coupe is 85 inches long. Mine is to big to fit that model. Any thought as to why my prop has the decal with Fahlin in the middle and KK prop co sc iowa around the bottom. From my research it seems KK only made one aircraft and this prop is to big. What do you think. Thanks, Bob

Comment

kari keen

If you can, I would like to see where it says "kari keen" on the prop hub if possible via a photograph. Now that its known that the measurment is different, this has really peaked my curiosity as to what the prop fits. I went back to look at the decal photo where it says " kari keen propeller company " its a bit hard to make it out, but its there.

I thought for a moment that " kari keen " had made a small trimotor that used three leblond engines or 3 kinner engines, but upon looking in the reference books, it was a " kreutzer " air coach that used the 3 kinner engines, see enclosed photo. On the " Kreutzer " you could have easily had props that were 95 inches because there was plenty of ground clearance, but as you can see, those appear to be sensenich props.

This particular aircraft was at Oshkosh a few years back and it was really a beautiful flying jewel.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out as to the model of aircraft this prop you have, fits on.

Sincerely,
                Dennis Hicklin
                Seattle Washington
                Attached Files
                Last edited by D.Hicklin; 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Re

Thanks. The mystery continues. Please keep me advised if you should uncover any additional info. I will do the same. just for curiosity sake, what would my prop be worth, give or take? Thanks, Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X