Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for info on a wooden Oak prop from Glenn L. martin Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question....

I looked at the link for mounting the prop on a wall with dowl rods thru the bolt holes.
    In my situation where the bolt holes are plugged, would you suggest drilling them out so I can use this mounting technique ? Or is there another suggestion for wall mounting?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Ckatze View Post
      I looked at the link for mounting the prop on a wall with dowl rods thru the bolt holes.
      In my situation where the bolt holes are plugged, would you suggest drilling them out so I can use this mounting technique ? Or is there another suggestion for wall mounting?

Thanks !
      No,they were probably plugged when the clock was fitted so are strangely part of its history. Just use the hanger thats already screwed to it.
      I have just made the dowel and ply hanger for mine and as it was a little tight I screwed a picture hanger to that and it works really well.
      I believe some of these props had the holes plugged for storage.
      Mine had leaf insect nests in the holes, they looked like little green cigars!

Comment

Originally posted by Ckatze View Post

Thanks !
        You could leave the holes plugged and just use a large dowel in the center hole, but you'd probably have to make the dowel on a lathe because of its diameter.

Comment

Working...
        X