Arsenal Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal Propeller

This propeller was purchased at Ravenna Arsenal during the 1940's.Length 8' - Blade width 9 1/2"-Bore 2.730"-Hub dia. 7 3/4"-HUB thickness 4 1/4"-Bolt holes 8-13/32" Bolt circle 6"-weight 27#-Wood perhaps mahogany-Copper clad leading edges-6 laminations-#615 stamped on both sides of hub

The hub dimensions are consistent with use on a Hall Scott engine. One possible use is the Standard J1, but there are certainly other possibilities as well.

See this example.
    Dave

Comment

Fred,
      The wood kind of looks like white oak, but it could be the photo.
      Just my two cents if it helps.

Doug

Comment

Fred/All - no idea if you will see this so much later than your post, but I have a very similar Propeller. It was originally on a Hall Scott A7A (ca. 1920), then subsequently over-drilled for use on a Curtis OX-5. The pilot ground looped his Command-Aire 3C3 in 1939, landing on a grass field in Bauxite, Arkansas, causing symmetrical nicks on the prop edges. The copper cladding on mine extends a bit longer down the edge, so they are not identical, but happy to share lots of details/pictures on my prop’s history if it helps.

also including a pic of the mount I built based on ideas in the forum. Thanks guys!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X