View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #6
Bob Gardner

Hello Gert!

Will you be at the auction? Perhaps we can meet there. Are you coming to GB by boat or aircraft? If aircraft, I'll pick you up if you wish.

I much regret that I couldn't buy all of these myself. My buying and selling days are over. They are a superb collection. And it is a great pleasure to have seen your collection and to use examples to illustrate my books, for which many thanks.

For fellow forumites, I would mention that this is a superb collection. By superb I do not necessarily mean in as-new condition. The scope and range of the collection is impressive. Some, a few I think, are restored. Most are in original condition. Gert, correct me if I'm wrong.

I do not know of a better collection in the Northern Hemisphere. Most museum collections consist of piles of propellers gathering dust; often half a century of dust. I believe Peter Jackson in NZ has the best collection, all mounted on a wall, I believe. I think Gert has the next best.

If any forumites wishes to bid in absentia I shall be delighted to help by bidding on your behalf and by arranging shipping. Although I have stopped buying and selling props my shipper who has shipped many for me still retains his skills.

With kind regards,

Bob
Bob Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote