Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright aviation engine

I have a wright aviation engine wood propeller
    approximately 94 inches long IÂ’m interested in knowing proximally the year what airplanes it was used on an approximate value for insurance purposes
    Attached Files

I think the most likely plane was the Thomas Morse MB 3 ("Plane M B 3" in the stampings), which has the Hisso (also called Wright) 300 HP engine. See this description of the MB 3.

I think the hub might be almost as valuable as the prop, but I have nothing to base that on except that in all these years I have never seen one with the "Wright Aviation Engine" cast on the face plate.

The prop looks to be in original condition (be sure to keep it that way) although I can't tell what's going on with the tips. In original condition I'd expect something in the range of around $1500 on eBay, but prices really are hard to predict.

Can you post a picture of the whole prop from the other side? Based on the position of the metal sheathing, that's the rear of the prop in the full picture you've posted.

Comment

Wright engine aviation

Thanks
      for the info[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]7660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7663[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Comment

OK, so it looks like the lighter color on the tips is just the metal sheathing. That's good, and it all looks original.

Those are still photos of the back of the propeller, not the front. Think of the propeller as it spins with the scalloped metal sheathing on the leading edge as it spins (to protect from stones, etc.). As you look at it in those photos, if it was spinning that way it would be propelled away from you, not towards you. (It's a right hand prop on a Hisso engine, which means that it's a tractor application, mounted on the front of the plane. A pusher application would be a left hand thread for that engine, a three dimensional mirror image of your prop.)

Comment

Wright aviation engine

Thanks
          i need to take more pic's

Comment

$2000 + Nice Find!!!

Comment

Working...
            X