early WWII wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early WWII wooden propeller

I have a never used, fine condition wooden propeller with the following markingsES 76FGSA-64, SER 10873, RPM 2200, HP 113, TO (or TC) 787. Approximate measurements tip to tip are 76". It has a US Propeller decal on each blade and a 4 bolt pattern with 7/16" holes, a center hole approximately 3". The tips and leading edge appear to be brass. Can you identify it for me and give me your best guess as to value. Thanks, Walter

Does your prop have red tips? The four bolt hub pattern indicates it's not an aircraft prop but perhaps a target drone.

Lamar

Comment

Reply to Lamar

Thanks for your prompt reply. The tips are not painted red. They are metal as are the leading edges, covered in metal. Any further information will be appreciated.

Comment

Are the tips flat rather than curved? Can you post a picture?

Comment

It sounds like a certificated propeller for one of many possible training type aircraft from the 30's up to the present, so that doesn't narrow it down much.

I'll try to check some numbers when I'm home in a few days.
          Dave

Comment

Reply to Dave and Lamar

Thanks to both of you. Lamar asked if the tips were flat or curved. They are curved. Dave thinks it might be from a trainer. I can post as picture if you think it will help. It may take me a couple of days. Thanks!

Comment

In this case a picture may be a great help. Thanks.

Lamar

Comment

Reply to Lamar

Thanks for the quick reply. I should be able to take the picture tomorrow and I'll send it along as soon as I figure out how.

Comment

Dave has written an excellent tutorial on how to post photos here: http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/s...=2733#post2733

Comment

Here are Walter's pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Lamar. Glad it came through. We'll be looking forward to finding more information.

Comment

Well, I'm mystified by the combination of the 4 bolt pattern and the diameter (which seem a bit of a mis-match) along with the stampings that seem to indicate a certificated propeller model. I'll see if I can find anything in my references at home.
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X