WW1 PROP ?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW1 PROP ?????????

HI TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT A CERTAIN WOODEN PROP IS OFF STORY GOES IN 1917 A PILOT WAS SHOWN OFF HIT THE VILLAGE FLAG POLE AND CRASHED KILLING 5 PILOT OK THE PROP IS SUPOSEDLY OFF THIS AIRCRAFT A BE12 BUT BEING ONLY 4FT PERHAPS NOT; HERES WHATS ON IT
    DRG 734031/41D (BUT THE 4 IS OVER STAMPED 5 SO IT READS/51D)
    D4 .5J2-43 A1122
    THE TIP OFF ONE END IS BROKEN AND IS PROTECTED WITH COPPER STRIPS ??????? ANY IDEARS ????????????

Those are not typical drawing numbers of any WW1 aircraft, including the Be12, which would be stamped T28008, T6926 (a) or AB 6238. Copper sheathing was not common during WW1, although it was occasionally used. Can you post a picture?

It may have nothing to do with the crash that you describe.
    Dave

Comment

ww1 prop

will try?? to me it looks 1920s straight and short although the guy is addiment its off the crash i am trying to get the crash report as such ? may be lucky there but every thing points towards it being a be12 that was at the center of the crash this prop is to short ??????????

Comment

I've just seen too many bizarre and exagerated claims about various propellers (and other artifacts) to believe many of them. Some are so clearly false on face value, like the guy who claimed his Sensenich propeller (manufactured after 1932) was used in WW1 by some well known aviator.

If you want to send me a photo, I can post it for you. It might help clear this up.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X