Rolls Royce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolls Royce

Here I have some think I have no idear about but know it's got big value to it it come from a well known pilot called wing commander I.H Cosby DFC I can tell that it was 2 propellers but has been made into some sort of chair quite unique I know I wanted to know more about it where to sell it and how much it's worth please

It's probably very nice and is probably worth something to somebody, but other than that I have no idea what it even is.

Comment

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252392402287

Antique Vintage Unique WW2 Airplane Propeller Rolls Royce Spitfire RAF , Plane

Comment

I doubt that it hasn't anything to do with WW2, nor anything to do with a Spitfire.

It would help if you posted pictures of any data stamped on the hub area, particularly the Rolls Royce information.

Comment

It's a shame that the small bench (made with the 4 blade tips remaining) has been lost in translation...

@Dbahnson: your first reply made my day! Even if I did not think at this time of such a ... ... What could be the name of such a thing?

Regards,
          PM

Comment

Hist won't let me upload pictures on here but is on eBay at the moment if you follow the link then can see all the pics and if would let me know thanks

Comment

It looks like it was made from 2 separate 4 bladed propellers designed for a DH4 ("DEH 4" for "DeHavilland"). Since there are fewer than 8 blade pieces used for the rest of it, I'm guessing that it was fabricated from two separate propellers that had damaged tips in use.

Comment

Working...
              X