Fahlin Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin Wooden Propeller

I have a Fahlin propeller purchased from an estate. Actually bought two (2), so this one will be for sale. No idea of value or what it was installed on.

Measures 86 inches tip-to-tip.

Numbers on the back of the hub are:
    K10

Numbers on side of hub:
    DWG NO 44K 10817
    SERIAL NO 44-26358

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick
    Attached Files

It's for a Fairchild aircraft using a Ranger 6 440 engine. I can provide the links later, when I can get to my actual computer.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Any idea what a fair price would be?

Comment

Look for completed sales on eBay (not asking prices). If it hasn't been re-varnished l'd guess you might get something in the $800 to $1200 range, but it's very unpredictable.

Comment

How can you determine if it has been re-varnished?

Comment

Look for evidence of a halo around the decals, done as a way to preserve them. Also smooth "fill" in what otherwise should be cracks, polished appearance of metal surfaces, tarnished spots under a smooth layer of varnish, etc. can all be a tip-off, but sometimes it's just a subjective determination. An antique appraiser would likely be able to help if you are uncertain.

If you go to woodenpropeller.com and look under modern wooden propellers, go first to Sensenich propellers and look up the military contract numbers at the top of that page. You'll find the drawing number for your prop in that list, look for the corresponding civilian number under the Sensenich listing and you'll see the aircraft that used your prop, and Fahlin was just using the same data for their version of it.

Comment

Working...
            X