Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtiss Jenny Canada Propeller

Hi new to here.
    I have a wooden propeller that appears to be from a Curtiss Jenny made in Canada. Stamp markings on what I believe is the face side is as follows: each edge of the hub towards the blades are a circle stamped with A I D 0 2 inside the circles. Below one circle is 8-3 X500 and below that is RIGHT HAND. Below the other circle is 137 below that is a small rectangle stamped with CA LTD 41 inside it. Below the rectangle is 5079 and below that is A.J. Edmonds. Hub wood diameter is 7 1/2 inches, hub thickness is 4 inches, centre hole is 2 11/16 inches, widest point on blade is 8 7/16 inches, 8 holes spaced 2 inches apart and 5 1/4 inches across. This propeller is in what I would call 80 to 90 percent condition. Any help identifying this propeller would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cyril

Will put up pictures once I figure out how to do that if anyone wants a look.

Pictures might help. In the meantime see this thread from the past.

This thread also has some discussion of AJ Edmonds.

The 5 1/4 inch bolt hole circle is consistent with an OX5 engine, but that engine was used on a variety of aircraft, the Jenny being one of them.

Comment

Is the prop goin to be for sale

Comment

send over some photos to planepieces@gmail.com and I will tell you what it is.

Comment

Have just placed the propeller for sale on Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril1969 View Post
            Have just placed the propeller for sale on Ebay
            It's very likely that no one will see it without a link or a searchable description.

At the very least you should list the ebay item number, but even that will only be seen by a limited audience.

Comment

Found the listing on the Ebay Canada site here:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-WWI-...y/153123009141

Appears to be another replica. These are popping up everywhere now. Be cautious.

Comment

Here is another Jenny replica that was sold the other day. I talked to the buyer and they didn't even read the description before buying (their fault). Totally thought it was the real deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWI-Curtiss...-/123199242374

Comment

Working...
                X