Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Prop Drawing or adequate reference

Hello all,
    I am building an Eclair prop for a model of a SPAD VII (3534) of the RFC at 45% scale. If anyone can provide a drawing or excellent pics I can use for building this, please let me know.
    However, I may have the manufacturer wrong and would welcome some steering in the right direction.
    3534, by my research, had the 180hp Hispano-Suiza engine.
    Would appreciate some direction.
    I am going to make this from basswood and laser cut the remainder of the parts. I will also laser engrave the factory stamping. This will be the static prop for an RC model.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

It's unfortunate that almost ALL of the drawings from early propellers have all disappeared from mulitple sites where they might have been used. Some have been reconstructed from existing propellers, but original drawings are very, very rare.
    Dave

Comment

thanks

Thanks Dave,
      I sorta figured that and will have to eyeball from pics.
      Mike

Comment

I sold an Eclair propeller for a SPAD (I think it was a VII) many years ago. I don't seem to have a photo on my computer files, but I may have a small print of it that I'll try to dig up.
        Dave

Comment

thanks

IMG_43311.jpg
          Thanks Dave,....a small print will be quite useful. I have started the lamination process and a print would be real helpful in shaping, BTW,...it is for a SPAD VI

Comment

Hi,
            Are you making an Éclair serial 100 or a serial 6?
            There was also Chauvière, Gallia, Levasseur, Ratmanoff and Régy props for the SPAD VII. But you have to choose a compatible couple prop-engine (HS 150, 180 and 200HP where used, and you have to choose between a standard engine or "high pressure" one for the 150). Do you know all these details for the number 3534? Have you pics of it?
            PM

Comment

Right now all I know is that it had the HS 180hp....at least according to one source.
              Mike

Comment

IMG_8429.jpg
                Here it is....sorry about the quality

Comment

Hi,

I suppose you know about this pic: http://www.wwiaviation.com/drawings/...3534-600px.png
                  But the date 1916 seems strange, or my infos about those SPAD only delivered in 1917 to RFC are false. And the general color (light brown) doesn't match the "light grey" under the pic you posted.

Without a front pic, you can't know about the prop brand. Perhaps you can find more pics as this very a/c seems known...

Seems there was a thread in C&C forum about this 3534 RFC number, but I can't find it:
                  Spad identification help request - Cross & Cockade Forum - Page 3 ...
                  www.crossandcockade.com › Forum Home › General Discussion › General
                  7 févr. 2011 - N6210, Ex RNAS, SPAD VII, To RFC as A9100, Mann Egerton ..... B3534, 19 Squadron, 23 Squadron, SPAD VII, Purchased from French.

(Gogol search 'spad 7 3534') Perhaps the thread was deleted?

Regards,
                  PM

Comment

prop

Bleriot-SPAD-S-VII-23-Sqn-RFC-sn-B3534-600px.jpg
                    Here is the SPAD in grey by the same artist. I believe the model builder used the Windsock data file o the SPAD VII. In the color reference notes near the end it does speak about the grey being used,. However, since my interest is only in the propeller,...that's where I will focus.
                    Thank you so much for your time in trying to help.....

Comment

prop

At this point, since I am on the final laminations and have not shaped it yet, I am leaning towards an EBORA prop. Somebody stop me if I am going waaaaaay off the path!!!

Comment

Hi,
                        The prop on the drawing by Boucher is not correct, neither about shape nor about color.
                        You have a correct, but small drawing of an Éclair prop on page 54 of the Breguet XIV Windsock datafile (by Alan Toelle).
                        You have a correct color on this page: http://www.pyperpote.tonsite.biz/pages/spadviipag.html The prop is a truly SPAD 7 prop (an Éclair serial 100). It has not been restored (or only partially restored) and has its original color: red-brown with the laminations not visible under the varnish.
                        PM

Comment

prop

Merci mon ami

Comment

Working...
                          X