Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

86" prop I'd love to know the history of!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86" prop I'd love to know the history of!

Hello all and thanks for having me! I love aviation and when my friend gave this to me I couldn't refuse,I'm very interested in knowing more about it. It's an 86" wooden prop with brass or copper on the ends. It's not in perfect condition but that's fine with me as it has a story I'm sure. I'm just going to post a few pics and hopefully someone can help me identify it. I've looked through the other posts but cannot figure out what it is... maybe a cool piece of history!!!

Thanks everyone,
    Arran
    Attached Files

At this point it's impossible to know much about it. The first thing we'd need are the numbers that should be stamped around the hub or sometimes (rarely) on the base of the blade. If there's a manufacturer's decal, we'd need to see that as well.

Even with the numbers, there won't be a "history" associated with it. It's a replaceable part, very much like a tire on a car, and the most you are likely to find is what model plane or planes it might have been used on.

Comment

Numbers

Did you see the pictures? The only markings I see anywhere are what is in the pics. Thank you for the reply

Comment

Yes, I looked them over and don't see anything that would help identify its use. If it is a certificated propeller, it will have stamped markings on it, usually on the side of the hub.

Comment

I didn't see any other markings but I will double check tomorrow. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X