RARE Tri Blade Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARE Tri Blade Prop

I have looked at all kinds of websites and cannot locate anywhere info on a tri blade prop. It is in immaculate condition, everything original on it. I need to sell it - someone please tell me anything you can about it and how I can verify price on this? I have pix. Thanks! Email talcrox at yahoo dot com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MWP_Lamar; 09-17-2009, 03:31 PM.

The owner tells me the following inscriptions are stamped on the three sides of the propeller near the hub: D2S4OF, G5X450 & 3656.

Comment

Well, judging from the design I would say it's not original. The brass tips should not look like brass anymore. They should have some darker patina to them. I'm guessing that it has been refinished.
      Dave

Comment

Adrian,

Many thanks for telling us about your prop. It is certainly rare and interesting. The use of six bolt holes, rather than eight indicates that it was intended for a comparatively low powered engine, which in turn suggests that it was for a civilian aircraft rather than military.

The brass sheathing to the tips is unlike any sheathing I have seen before and the shape and style suggest a date in the early 1920's. If you could identify it to an aircraft type, it might be worth $800 USD or more. As no one here seems able to identify it, I suggest that you look for photographs of civilian aircraft from the 1920's and 1930's on the internet.

With best wishes,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
        X