Sensenich propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich propeller

Hi. I'm not a collector but I picked this up today and my gut says I have something special. Can anyone share some knowledge about this prop and what the posterior markings signify? The markings read apfel & brooks company?the model number reads 73 BR54 and sn is L3858. Just wondering. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Victory226; 01-09-2016, 08:47 PM. Reason: Pics new

It's a Sensenich prop manufactured in 1946. See this chart to see that it was made for a Globe Swift airplane.

You'd need to post a photo of the Apfel and Brooks marking. My guess is that they may have overhauled it at some point.

I wouldn't consider it anything particularly "special" in the sense of collectibility, but if it's special to you it's worth keeping for as long as you can.

Comment

Got it. Thanks. Any idea as to its worth? I bought it for 200$
      Attached Files

Comment

Back side of prop. The markings seem to be a removed sticker or whatnot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Not long ago you could buy a non-airworthy one like this from Wag-Aero (display only) for about $250, but now it's about twice that amount.

I don't know what it's "worth" because that would really require closer inspection, but in any case the only way to really determine that is to sell it to the highest bidder. This prop on eBay might give you some idea, as there were 51 bids on it before selling for $631.

Yours looks original and intact (although I think the decals may not be original, since I think they were still using the "Lititz" style decals then) so it might sell for a little more than that. It's likely not airworthy and would be purchased for display only.

The shadows of writing on the back suggests that it may have been used as signage of some kind for that company.

Comment

Working...
          X