Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siddley wooden propeller

Hi,
    I found the propeller in my grandfather's cellar and I would appreciate it if someone could valuate it.I know it's from an english airplane ww1,but that's all.
    The signs on it are as follows:AM2627RH SIDDLEY BHP D2900 P2090 G327 68
    11-7-18
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EVIKOUS; 02-04-2014, 11:50 AM.

Originally posted by EVIKOUS View Post
    Hi,
    I found the propeller in my grandfather's cellar and I would appreciate it if someone could valuate it.I know it's from an english airplane ww1,but that's all.
    The signs on it are as follows:AM2627RH SIDDLEY BHP D2900 P2090 G327 68
    11-7-18
    It is a twin bladed propeller ,wooden ,9 bolt holes.It is believed that the plane fitted with this propeller either crashed or was shot down towards the end of the 1WW.

Comment

Evikous,

The short answer is that this type of prop was fitted to the Siddeley 230hp engine fitted to the DH4 and DH9 bombers and the Bristol F2B fighter.

Your data translates as;

AM2627 The drawing number which identifies the propeller. The drawing number was really AB2627 where AB indicates the Air Board which had been formed to bring the Royal Air Force into existence. This one was made by Airco who changed AM2627 to AM2627 to show that they made it. Airco designed and made the DH4 and DH9. The propeller was fitted to these aircraft and also to the Bristol Fighter.
      RH The direction of rotation of the propeller.
      SIDDLEY BHP Siddeley's attempt to make the engine designed by Beardmore Halford and Pullinger into a reliable engine. It had 230hp.
      D2900 Diameter in mm.
      P2090 Pitch in mm.
      G327 68 Number 68 in a batch of 100 notated as G327.
      11-7-18 The date made or accepted into service. This is several months after the batch number 327 was allocated.

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Thanks for your valuable information.Any idea about valuation?

Comment

Difficult to say without seeing its condition. Can you send photographs of the tips, the surface of a blade and the top of the hub at a good enough resolution to see detail? £500 GBP at worst; £1500 at best.

Where do you live?

With kind regards,

Bob
          Bob Gardner
          Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
          http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Siddley wooden propeller

Dear Bob,thanks for your valuable information.I leave in Athens,Greece.
            I can send better photos to your mail if you want to mail it to me

Email address removed by moderator to protect against spammers.
            Last edited by Bob Gardner; 02-06-2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X