Identifying wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying wooden propeller

I have a wooden propeller that I want to give as a gift to my dad for getting his solo pilot license and am not sure of manufacture. There are no manufacturer decals but a faint white inlay i believe says Quality Canada and only the numbers 50 and 34. It is 50" long and has single hole in centre with 6 bolt holes around. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I would like to give my dad some background history on this. Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Papermoon; 07-21-2013, 12:01 PM. Reason: Found inlay on wood

The size and general appearance are consistent with an ultralight propeller, although there are certainly other possibilities.
    Dave

Comment

Thank you and do you know much about quality Canada or Canadian made ultralights? If not no worries. I am a custom picture framer and once I get this custom engraved it will be a great unique gift once shadow boxed framed. Greatly appreciate all help and have learnt a lot in this process.

Comment

No, I don't know anything about them. There were thousands of propeller manufacturers over the years, some still in existence.
        Dave

Comment

Thanks again for your knowledge. At least I know it has been in the sky!!

Comment

Working...
          X