Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1913 Jacobs Aircraft wooden propeller

Hi,

I have a wooden propeller with markings that show the year 1913 Jacobs L6 and is approximatley 6 feet long.

Would like to know an approximately value or price on this item.

Thanks,

Liliane

It depends on its condition, but 1913 is NOT the date. Jacobs engines weren't developed until much, much later, so your prop is more likely from the 1940's or so, maybe even much more recent.

You can look at completed sales on eBay to get some idea of sales of similar props, or you could post a picture and we can offer a rough opinion of value.
    Dave

Comment

1913 Jacobs Aircraft Wooden propeller

Thanks Dave for the information much appreciated. I did check out Ebay as you mentionned and could not find any Jacobs propellers. I will be posting a picture. Hopefully that will help in getting an approximate evaluation. I wondder what the 1913 marking is....maybe serial number? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by slundli View Post
        I wondder what the 1913 marking is....maybe serial number? Thanks
        Almost certainly either a serial number or a "drawing" number, which refers to a blueprint used to manufacture it.
        Dave

Comment

Propeller and pictures with description.

Hi Dave,

I have 3 prop pictures below for you to look at. I made a mistake with the year. Seems like Dec. 1943 and the description shows Jacobs L6, Anson 2. Let me know what you think about it's approx. value.

Thanks,

Liliane
          Attached Files

Comment

If I were selling it on eBay I would put an opening bid of $250 then hope for a bidding war. It's also possible that you wouldn't get any bids.

It looks like on of the many models for the AVRO Anson. Seems that they were over produced in some quantity and then sold off as surplus, so they are by no means "rare", and the condition looks a little rough from what I can see in the pics.
            Dave

Comment

Thank you for all the information. It certainly shed some light on the prop. Really appreciate your input. Thanks again Dave, Liliane

Comment

Working...
              X