I need help identifying a WWI prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob & Dave,
    Thank you for all of your help identifying my prop. Last month I I got injured and have become temporarily disabled, of course I own my own business and am out of work without any income, so I have to sell my prop. I have been unable to find a similar one for sale or determine its rarity. That being said, does anyone have any idea where I can find this information, and where the best place to list the prop would be.
    Thank you,
    RJZac67

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
      Ah Yes! Well spotted, Dave. So it's a USN prop made to the design of Dashwood Lang for a Liberty-engined Cutiss H 16 flying boat. All we need to know now is if it is half of a four-bladed prop or a two-bladed prop. For forumites who have joined recently, four bladed props were difficult to store and handle on board a warship, so they were made as two bladed props with a hub that was half the size of a normal hub and two were bolted together at right angles.

This hub should be around, say, ten inches deep from top to bottom, but if it's meant to be bolted to another prop, it will be about five inches thick. (These dimensions are illustrative not factual.)

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob,
      Thank you for all of this information and apologies for the long delay in responding to your question. The hub for this prop is approx. 7 1/2 inches deep - so I am not sure if that qualifies it as a two or four-bladed prop. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!
      tks/rgds, John

Comment

Working...
      X