questions about a GB Lewis prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about a GB Lewis prop

I have what is left of my great uncles prop that not only suffered a ground loop accident, but was "fixed" by a person that rented his house for a short time. The fix was to cut off the broken tips and sand off the finish. I am mainly curious as to the original size of the prop and would also like to know what the prop tips looked like originally.
    the prop is a L44-41, hp 75, rpm 2600, s/n 2569
    I do not know what plane it came from, but would guess it was a tail dragger.
    As an aside, my great uncle was a WW2 pilot that flew recon missions. I never knew him, but my father said he would never talk about what he did.
    Thanks, JB

2nd try

I thought I would bump this up to see if anyone has any info at all about the prop I have. Thanks, JB

Comment

Sorry this got missed the first time around. That model is not listed on the only usage list I've been able to find.

I looked through another source and found at least some documentation of Lewis model number L44. The "-41" suffix simply describes its pitch in inches. It was built under Type Certificate Number 797 and all models were designed for a 75 HP engine. The manufacturing approval expired on December 31, 1954.

I just don't know where else to look for that specific model number. Sorry.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I now have the prop mounted to and adapted to a wheel hub that is bolted to the wall. I give it a spin every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
        X