Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identificaition 124" wooden propelleler-price

Hi.
    I have a wood propeller 3,15 meter 124" tip to tip,in used condition.7" thick at hub,widest part 9.5",the hole if remeber right 4 3/4" .I don`t know how old it is but it was collected in 1940-1950 here in Sweden .It was found on a rail way wagon?.
    I`m selling it for a friend of mine just becuse I have restored a 1911 Flanders car,this will be a part of the payment for the restauration of his car!
    Thanks in advance for your help with ident.and a price if possible?
    Leif in Sweden.
    If you need more pictures just tell me, leif.e.holmberg at gmail.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Leif Holmberg; 05-28-2020, 02:17 PM.

I'm not sure of the stampings, but "MAYB" could be for a Maybach engine.

Can you confirm that it's 315 cm from tip to tip? That's the stamped dimension.

Also, I can't read the first stamped name. Can you read it clearly?

Comment

Usually the engine is the more likely stamped information, the aircraft less often. I need to check a reference at home, but the 260 HP stamp might indicate the Maybach Mb.IVa engine, which was a high altitude development. The reference I need to find notes that the Rumpler C VII had a larger diameter propeller fitted to it for the high altitude performance, so it's at least possible that it was designed for that airplane. Another real possibility is use on a an airship, such as a Zeppelin.

I don't know how to know anything beyond that. Often these props simply can't be identified.

Comment

Here are the figures and letters.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. That's pretty much what I came up with as well.

Comment

Here are the "mystery" letters,I`looking at the propeller tomorrow and see if I can figure out more letters?
            Attached Files

Comment

That's "EDULZUG", which denotes a right hand tractor configuration. It's a common stamp, but it's unusual to see a bolt hole drilled through it.

Comment

This`s what I found about EDUL ZUG
                http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/showthread.php?t=955
                My propeller seems to have been built in Nederland?

Comment

Hi,

Seems to be not a common one! Read what Bob is saying about one of the same maker:
                  http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/a...hp/t-3379.html

PM

Comment

Hi and thanks "pmdec",
                    I now know it`s a not common one,And I`m looking forward to se if I`l found more info on the propeller.3.15 meter long.
                    It`s for sale but I want a fair price if selling.But the problem seems to get info,to put the right price on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leif Holmberg View Post
                      Hi and thanks "pmdec",
                      I now know it`s a not common one,And I`m looking forward to se if I`l found more info on the propeller.3.15 meter long.
                      It`s for sale but I want a fair price if selling.But the problem seems to get info,to put the right price on it?
                      The "fair" price is really just what someone is willing to pay for it. There are not enough sales of comparable propellers to establish an accurate value range.

One problem is that people look at propellers listed for sale on eBay. There are items there that are priced at almost 10 times their actual value, and some of them have been listed for many, many months without ever being sold.

Keep in mind that any buyer has the added burden of paying for crating and shipping, which can add considerably to the total cost for an item that has a high "dimensional weight", as large diameter propellers do.

Comment

Originally posted by Leif Holmberg View Post
                        This`s what I found about EDUL ZUG
                        http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/showthread.php?t=955
                        My propeller seems to have been built in Nederland?
                        JC Pfaff AG were a firm of carpenters and furniture makers founded in 1911 and always based in Berlin, so your propeller was made in a Germany, not the Netherlands.

Comment

Mtskull.
                          Thanks for the reply.
                          Leif in Sweden.

Comment

Got information from a friend of mine and he say it could have been used on a Zeppelin or a Triplane 1915-1920,both of them had 260PS Maybach engines and 2 blades propellers?

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LVG_G.III

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...417171576).jpg

Possibly? Only one was built so a long shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X