Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 holes wooden propeller

Hi,

first of all I would like to congratulate everybody for this website. It's incredible the things you can find on the internet.

secondly I would like to explain my case: My grandfather was a fighter pilot in the Spanish civil war flying russian polikarpovs. I have inherited a wooden propeller he had hanged on a wall in his house. I simpy have no idea to which plane could it belong to... I has no markings, no numbers, nothing. It's 247cms long approx (94,5'').

I am posting some picts to see if there's enough luck someone can spot it right away, otherwise I guess it's going to be impossible to identify:

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately without markings it's impossible to ID this prop even from the excellent pictures.

Lamar

Comment

Well, at least I've tried.

Thanks a lot for trying anyway.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by bereng View Post

Well, at least I've tried.

Thanks a lot for trying anyway.

Regards
        I wouldn't completely give up. It's definitely "unusual" in that it is a large diameter yet only has 6 bolt holes. It's also a somewhat unusual geometric shape, AND it sounds as if it is more likely perhaps to be of Russian manufacture.

I would certainly consider writing to any aviation oriented museums in Russia and Spain and have them take a look at the pictures.
        Dave

Comment

Will do most defenitely.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X