Dh2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dh2

Hi, I am need to ID a prop and estimate a cost for insurance can anyone help. Firstly I think I have a DH2 prop fully intact apart from tiny nicks in blades, what would the cost to replace via insurance? How do I go about identifying it correctly and could I tie it back to an aircraft is this possible?

Post all of the information here (drawing numbers, size, manufacturer, etc.) and include photos of it. We may be able to identify it and give a rough approximation of "value", but it's impossible to do that with the scant information you've provided.

You will not be able to trace it to a specific aircraft, and in fact it may never have been mounted on an airplane. Also, for insurance purposes you would need to discuss with your agent exactly how it would be covered in case of loss, and what would be an acceptable valuation method for them.
    Dave

Comment

'Dh2'

Hi, sorry its taken some time ot sort these photos out for you

the information on the prop is as follows

AID 88R
      DARRAOO MOTOR ENG CO LTD
      LONDON
      100 HP
      MONOSOUPAPE
      GNOME
      FE8
      WD

does this help to ID the prop and if so if i wanted ot buy a replacement on the open market what would I expet to pay?
      Attached Files

Comment

It's for an FE8 aircraft, rather than a DH2, and the stamped information is very helpful since it includes the engine and manufacturer as well as the aircraft type. See this propeller, also stamped with the "7298" drawing number, which identifies the blueprint used to construct it.

If it's in original condition (with original Darracq decals) I would guess its value to be somewhere in the $5k to $6k range, perhaps even more if the right buyer came along. You should remove the metal from the hub to determine if the hub has been altered, which would reduce its value very signficantly. If it has been refinished, that value decreases significantly as well. If it's in original condition, you will have trouble replacing it should that situation ever arise . . .

You may also find it difficult to establish a value acceptable to the insurance company, but if your goal is to insure it be sure to get it stated in writing prior to a potential loss.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X