Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de Havilland propeller ?

Hello everyone,

I inherited decades ago, a wooden propeller from my parents. I uninstalled it today in order to paint the wall it is usually hanged on, and it was a good opportunity ta make a pic of the markings.

So, having a look on the forum, I discovered it belonged to a de Havilland 9 plane, but I still do not know the date. Thus, is it might has been assembled during or after the ww1.

May anyone provide me a few extra informations ?

Thanks in advance
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

The date could be approximated by the "G" and "N" numbers, which are production numbers. Unfortunately, Bob Gardner had that list and he no longer participates on this forum and cannot be contacted, so your only bet would be to search through his posts and find numbers that most closely correlate with yours.

Comment

Bob Gardner identified a propeller for me a couple of years ago and stated that the number prefixed with “G” was a contract number.
      The number on the prop in question was G1270, which he said was from late 1918.
      Assuming that these contract numbers were applied sequentially, the number G1208 would place your propeller firmly within the WW1 era.

Comment

Oh, thank you very much for your informations !

Comment

Working...
        X