Paragon Scimitar propeller for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon Scimitar propeller for sale.

About 20 years ago I acquired an old wooden prop from a friend of mine who was a WW2 L-4 pilot Sgt. He told me he had gotten it from a friend of his who owned a bar and owed him some money. It has two holes in it that I assume were from it being mounted on a wall. There are also some extra holes in the prop hub for some reason, perhaps to mount it to a different engine or plane. There is also some minor delamination around the hub that you should be able to see in the included pictures. There are two clearly seen Paragon decals. On the hub there are a couple numbers. The first I took to be S.O. 2229. The other appears to be 8-SX608. There is also some old-style cursive handwriting on the back of the propeller that I can't make out but perhaps someone with skill in such things might be able to do. The prop was covered in dust so I cleaned it with dawn and warm water. I dried it with cotton towels and wiped it down with linseed oil. She's seen better days but has a lot of character. I hope someone can give her a good home. I live in Missoula, Mt. Anyone interested can comment in this thread or if you are nearby, come on over. All offers will be considered.

prop1.jpgprop2.jpg
    prop3.jpg

prop5.jpg

prop7.jpgprop8.jpg
    Last edited by Racketyjack; 08-14-2022, 01:44 PM.
Working...
X