X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dbahnson
    replied
    Originally posted by benson7337 View Post
    Does anyone have Jeff stones email address.
    I have the email address that he used to register here. As administrator I don't want to disclose email addresses, but if you PM me your email address I can send a request to him to reply to you.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• benson7337
    replied
    Does anyone have Jeff stones email address.

Leave a comment:

• Bill McLeod
    replied
    S&S propeller

If there is an interest I have a S&S prop for sale. It has been in my workshop for about 15 years. We have recently downsized so it's time to sell it.
    If interested just send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures.

90 inches in length.
    Hub is 6 1/2 inches deep.
    8 mounting holes.

Serial number G3255
    SS-SS150E

pilot4two@hotmail.com

Thank you for taking an interest.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• msprior01
    replied
    Supreme Propeller!

HI Jeff, I recently found this 84" Supreme propeller and wondered if you might be interested in a purchase. It is the mixed wood construction, 6 bolt hub W/ nut, original finish with decals (Detroit origin), nice metal edges, minor scimitar shape. I would call the condition "Good", a few dings, but a nice weathered patina.
    Thanks, Scott
    msprior02@gmail.com
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• flyby56
    replied
    Originally posted by StonePropellers View Post
    I am the grandson of the designer and manufacturer of Supreme Propellers and Stone Propellers, Morris J. Stone. My father (William B. Stone) and his four brothers worked with their dad in Wichita Kansas for many years. I have been searching for over 40 years for a wooden propeller from my family's past. If anyone has one of these props I would appreciate it if you would consider returning it to its original family. I will be glad to offer a nice payment.

Thank you.

Jeff Stone
    Mr. Stone,

I have a Stone propeller apparently intended for a Cont. 65 horsepower engine. Ir is labeled Stone Propeller Super-Prop made in Chicago Ill.

I would love to learn more about it. It belonged to a dear friend who has passed. He was an avid pilot starting in the late 1930's.

Charles Ward
    cward@evergreenslate.com
    802-394-2921

Leave a comment:

• StonePropellers
    replied
    prop

Scott,

Thank you. I will be on the lookout for it tonight.

Jeff Stone

Leave a comment:

• msprior01
    replied
    Stone propeller for sale!

Greetings Jeff, I wrote you over a year ago with a Stone propeller that I had for sale. I've found another one that I will be posting on Ebay tonite (9:30 CT). It is a 70" two tone in excellent condition. I hope you check it out (type stone propeller in the ebay search and you should find it).
    Thanks, Scott

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Jeff,
    Still interested?
    Ray

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ray,

I sent you my contact information by PM. Let's plan on speaking when you have a moment.

Thanks.

Jeff Stone
    Hi,
    Still interested?

Leave a comment:

• StonePropellers
    replied
    Prop

Ray,

I sent you my contact information by PM. Let's plan on speaking when you have a moment.

Thanks.

Jeff Stone

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by raymond violin View Post
    Jeff,
    send me your email and I'll send you some pics. I would do it in the forum, but I can't figure how to attach he photos.
    Ray Violin
    I think I figured it out. i have 9 pics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    stone propeller

Jeff,
    send me your email and I'll send you some pics. I would do it in the forum, but I can't figure how to attach he photos.
    Ray Violin

Leave a comment:

• StonePropellers
    replied
    Stone propeller

Hi Ray,

I am interested, and would be pleased to visit when you have a moment.

Regards,

Jeff Stone

Originally posted by raymond violin View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    I have one of your family's props in very good shape for it's age, two tone with decals. Collete mentioned she paid 975.00 for hers. Since this posting is from 2009 , I'm checking to see if you still want one before I put it on eBay. I'm an antique dealer in New Jersey.
    Ray

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    stone propeller

Hi Jeff,
    I have one of your family's props in very good shape for it's age, two tone with decals. Collete mentioned she paid 975.00 for hers. Since this posting is from 2009 , I'm checking to see if you still want one before I put it on eBay. I'm an antique dealer in New Jersey.
    Ray

I am the grandson of the designer and manufacturer of Supreme Propellers and Stone Propellers, Morris J. Stone. My father (William B. Stone) and his four brothers worked with their dad in Wichita Kansas for many years. I have been searching for over 40 years for a wooden propeller from my family's past. If anyone has one of these props I would appreciate it if you would consider returning it to its original family. I will be glad to offer a nice payment.

Thank you.

Jeff Stone

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Chris,

You have one of the props that was made in Chicago by the Stone Propeller Company made up of my grandfather, four of his brothers and their father, Morris Stone. If you perform a google search you will find some more information about the Stone Propeller Company. I have heard through the Stone family grapevine that after some financial difficulties stemming from cancelled orders from the government the family relocated to Chicago and resumed business with what was known as mob money. A deal was reportedly struck with Piper for wooden propellers in the early to mid 40's. My grandfather, Harry S. Stone, said that Piper wanted to save some money by having the production move quicker with less hands on work. There was also some suggestion that the props might end up in the wrong hands. The Stone brothers worried about safety more than mob enforcers decided to modify the props so they would not achieve enough lift to fly. Those props were marked as "not air worthy." To avoid retribution, the brothers reportedly left town chased by the mob.

I recently bought a two tone prop in what I would consider to be pretty good condition (original brass tips, two tone, limited damage to the finish and stickers in good condition) for $975. I have been told I probably over paid for the prop. I paid the asking price because I had been looking for a Stone prop for over 10 years without much success. If you are interested in selling yours, would you be so kind as to offer it to Jeff Stone? I know he has been looking and would be fair in any dealings with you.

Best,
    Colette

Leave a comment:

Working...
X