Comments: Built by the Westmoore Propeller company in Chicago, this propeller was used on the Thomas Morse Scout S-4C biplane, also nicknamed "The Tommy" and used extensively as a training aircraft from 1917 through the 1920's. The "C" model first appeared in 1918 using the LeRhone engine. This propeller retains the original fabric tips and Westmoore decals but appears to have additional varnish applied. Note the unusual appearance in the side view of the thin hub and wider blades. It is identical to this propeller, built by Hardman and Peck.